Friday, April 30, 2010

21 weeks, 4 days...

I know I haven't written in a while. I'm such a slacker! Oddly enough for me, I just haven't felt like writing. I was reading an article at the Dr's ofc today and it said stay-at-home mom's should try to blog regularly even if it's only a few lines a week. So...here I am...again... :)

My Dr's appt today made me angry! I was in a bad mood to start with, didn't feel like going, didn't feel very good - then I get there and have to wait in the little white room for over an hour! I sat on the table, laid on the table, sat on his stool, paced....I wasn't happy! I was seconds away from asking them to reschedule my appt, when he walked in.

I could tell from the look on his face he had been having one of "those" days! He explained that his very first appt of the day had lasted almost an hour which is very out of the ordinary. He said that threw him off, then he had a patient at Alton Memorial who was not doing well - he was going to have to do surgery on her so he kept getting interruptions on her condition - so then I felt a little bad. As my mom said, if I was that patient needing surgery I'd be very grateful his schedule was disrupted for me!

He sat down and opened his laptop and said, "So... you had an ultrasound..." I nodded. He said, "What'd you find out?" I said, "We're having a boy." He goes, "You are?" I said, "Uh, yeah...." He smiled and said, "That's cool! That's exciting!" I said, "Um...have you seen my ultrasound?" He said, "Yes.....but I'm gonna pull it up again." We both laughed and I said, "Good idea!"

He measured me and said everything looked good. We listened to Jack's heartbeat and it was steady around 140 which is good. He kept pinching my legs and said I didn't have any swelling which he said was really good at this point. I asked about my penta-screening and he pulled it up on his laptop - said everything was negative. (Thank you, Lord!) He said most of the statistics were 1 in over 5000 which is very good! So we are very thankful for that!

I asked him about my allergies - he recommended Zyrtec over Benadryl which I think works better for me anyway. And I asked him about my back pain, but he said there's really not much I can do. He said every woman's pelvis opens up differently when she gets pregnant so pain can happen just about anywhere. Yay. Some days are better than others.

Dave took me to IHOP for blueberry pancakes tonite! They were delicious!! :) I'm not really having any weird cravings. I still don't have much of an appetite! I have to have a bowl of cereal and a banana every morning, but that's about it! I still haven't gained hardly any weight, but my Dr hasn't said anything about it.

Guess that's about all for now! Lotsa love -- Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment